The Montabella Jr/Sr High Counseling Departmentís mission is to guide, support and encourage all students through a comprehensive, developmental counseling program that addresses personal/social, academic, and career growth and advancement. In collaboration with other educators, administrators, parents/guardians, and the community, school counselors advocate that all students at Montabella Community Schools have access to and are prepared with the knowledge and skills to contribute at the highest level as productive members of society. Professional school counselors strive to empower studnet to embrace their full potential and to attain their personal and academic aspirations.
- Youth in Crisis provides supportive intervention for Montcalm County adolescents ages 10 to 17. Services include individual, group and family counseling at the Montcalm Center for Behavioral Health, school or at home; crisis intervention, referrals, and emergency shelter placement. 1-800-377-0974 or 989-831-7520.
- Dial 2-1-1 for assistance in finding community resources through Western Michigan United Way. Information is available on obtaining food, shelter, utilities, transportation, health care, rent/mortgage assistance, substance abuse services and many more.
- Reflections is a program at the Mecosta County Youth Attention Center. Reflections provides intensive out-reach counseling, temporary shelter, after-care services to help reunite youth and family. 1-231-592-0129 or Toll Free RAPLINE 1-800-292-4517
- Isabella County youth can find help through Listening Ear Crisis Center. 989-772-2918 or at www.listeningear.com Their Runaway Youth Services program provides support, emergency shelter, and free counseling for youth ages 10-17 and their families. The only requirement is that you must be willing to participate and be open to change.
- Family & Childrenís Service of Midland (989-631-5390) offers many parenting classes and support groups for adults, children, and teens- including Divorce adjustment groups, STEP, Parenting Challenging Children, and Parenting Grandchildren.
- Hospice offers support to those dealing with impending death or grieving a past loss. An Adult Grief Support Group meets on the first and third Monday of each month at 401 S. Main St. in Mt. Pleasant from 6:30-8:00. All are welcome. Groups for children & teens are offered periodically. www.hospicecentralmich.com or 989-773-6137 (Hospice chapters are also located in Alma & Big Rapids.)